Goals of the Graduate Student Council:
- to serve as the voice of graduate students on university administrative committees and through state lobbying efforts
- to facilitate communication between graduate students of various backgrounds
- to direct student activity fee monies to graduate students to facilitate their research
- to promote student research through the Graduate Research and Arts Symposium (held every Spring Semester)
- to encourage graduate student involvement in the university and greater Las Cruces communities
- To participate as a voting member of the GSC you must be a member of a Graduate Student Organization (GSO).
- You can create or re-charter your GSO here.
- GSC Constitution and Bylaws (.docx version). Modified 11 April, 2017
The GSC Executives are elected annually at the end of the spring semester during a general meeting of the GSC. Beginning in the Fall of 2015, each of the Executive positions became a five (5) hour GA position paid by the graduate school. Graduate students interested in serving as a GSC Executive are encouraged to read the GSC Constitution and Bylaws (.docx version). and contact the current GSC Executives for details about the responsibilities of each position.
- President: Tara Young
- Vice President: Jack McCoy
- Secretary: Arryn Robbins
- Treasurer: Swagotom Sarker
- VP of Activities: Sa’Rae Montoya
- Webmaster: Juwaria Adil
Graduate senators represent graduate students in Associated Stuents of NMSU (ASNMSU). We currently have six (6) seats in the ASNMSU senate, half of which are up for election each fall and spring. The graduate senators can be reached as a group by email or individually: